5.1.)

0xd379c898 in netsnmp_ds_set_boolean () from
/usr/local/lib/libnetsnmpagent.so
#0 0xd379c898 in netsnmp_ds_set_boolean () from
/usr/local/lib/libnetsnmpagent.so
#1 0xd37a0fdc in init_agent at snmp_vars.c:289

It seems that this seg fault is well-known problem on AIX. I could find the
same or similar reportings in the net-snmp-bugs list.
(Please reference
http://marc.info/?l=net-snmp-bugs&w=...et_boolean&q=b.)

All that suggested are using static linking on AIX. Other than static
linking, is there any solution to solve this problem? We should distribute
our subagent with dynamic linking because of several reasons.

Thank you very much for your time. I'll greatly appreciate it if you give me
any feedback.

Sincerely,

Sukwoo Kang

------=_Part_42517_7604505.1178565078539

Hello,

We are currently developing net-snmp based subagent on AIX. We tried to use dynamic linking for net-snmp
libraries on AIX, but we failed. Our subagent crashes with dynamic
libraries as in the following. (I'm using net-snmp 5.2 on AIX 5.1.)

0xd379c898 in netsnmp_ds_set_boolean () from /usr/local/lib/libnetsnmpagent.so

#0  0xd379c898 in netsnmp_ds_set_boolean () from /usr/local/lib/libnetsnmpagent.so

#1  0xd37a0fdc in init_agent at snmp_vars.c:289

It seems

http://marc.info/?l=net-snmp-bugs&w=2&r=1&s=aix+ds_set_boolean&q=b.
)

http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/