Greetings all,

Here is the scenario: I have (lightly) modified a version of snmpd - 5.2.3
(under debian) to listen to RT-NETLINK and thereby trigger "monitor" items
for link up/down status immediately instead of using the "-r " option.

I now receive traps immediately the port link status changes, but
unfortunately they give me stale information about the port.

I went back and polled the daemon with snmpget while I changed the port
status, and noticed that snmpget receives stale information about the port
for ~10 to ~30s after link status changes. Note also that any monitor
timeout of less than 30s will also fail to report link status changes, at
least on the first one or more monitor timeouts.

Does anyone know why there is this apparent delay in the internal data of
the agent, and how it might be remedied?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Michael Leslie
--
RuggedCom Inc.
www.ruggedcom.com

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete this e-mail and any copies. Any
dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended
recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.