On 04/05/07, Siva Prakash Reddy G wrote:
> I am using net-snmp version 5.1.2 ... [and] am
> getting an error like.
>
> /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 48: Error: bad source address

I've just tried this line with the 5.3.x and current development code,
and both of them seem quite happy with it. I don't have a version
of the 5.1.x line to hand, and this code is very old now (and no
longer being supported).

Can you try using the same setup with a more recent release.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if this functionality was added more
recently than the 5.1.x line.

Dave