From: dave.shield@googlemail.com [mailto:dave.shield@googlemail.com] On
Behalf Of Dave Shield
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 2:17 PM
To: Siva Prakash Reddy G
Cc: net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: snmp proxy settings.

On 04/05/07, Siva Prakash Reddy G wrote:
> If I run the agent with above mentioned snmpd configuration file I am
> getting an error like.
>
> /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 48: Error: bad source address
> /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 49: Error: bad source address
> /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf: line 50: Error: bad source address
> net-snmp: 3 error(s) in config file(s)
>
> Here line 48 means "com2sec -Cn modemhost1 remhost1
> 10.10.1.10/255.255.255.255 public"
> And line 49 means "com2sec -Cn modemhost2 remhost1
> 10.10.1.20/255.255.255.255 public"
> And line 50 means "com2sec -Cn modemhost3 remhost1
> 10.10.1.20/255.255.255.255 public"

What happens if you try with

com2sec -Cn modemhost1 remhost1 10.10.1.10 public
com2sec -Cn modemhost2 remhost2 10.10.1.20 public
com2sec -Cn modemhost3 remhost3 10.10.1.30 public

?

Dave

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, contains confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and is subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.

www.aztecsoft.com