[ First - *please* don't mail me privately, without copying
any responses to the mailing list. I don't have the time
or inclination to offer private, unpaid, SNMP consultancy.
Keep discussions to the list, where others can both learn
and offer advice. Thanks. ]

On 23/04/07, ajran ajran wrote:
> thanks for the answer, Dave,
> As I said I am very new in this, hope I understood your comment correctly.
> This object "belongs" to MY_MIB which is in turn imported along with two
> other objects, 'alarmModelDescription' and 'alarmActiveDescription' from
> ALARM-MIB.

It's not really possible to suggest what might be the correct code for
implementing an object (trap or MIB information) in a private MIB,
when we don't know how this object is actually defined.

Rather than trying to guess what the trap ought to look like,
can you please provide the exact MIB definitions of the trap object
itself, together with any MIB objects that it might reference.

Dave