(I am sure this has been covered, but cannot find a reference...)

What is the maximum payload that snmptrapd can receive?
I have a device sending V2 traps that are being truncated...
I cannot modify the sending code (it is proprietary), but can modify the
receiver (Net-SNMP snmptrapd V5.3.1).
I can also replace the receiver with a newer version, say Net-SNMP 5.4,
but I imagine that this doesn't change from release to release.

If this is something that needs to be changed in the code, could someone
be kind enough to point me in the right direction?
Does the trap read occur in netsnmp_dispatch_external_events() or
snmp_read() ... etc...

Thanks,
Dan