We ran into a problem using the perl net-snmp module on a 64-bit linux
box when trying set OID values of type IpAddress.

I tracked it down to perl/SNMP/SNMP.xs. In __add_var_val_str() when
the type is TYPE_IPADDR, it is setting vars->val_len to sizeof(long).
This works OK on a 32-bit platform, but equals 8 on a 64-bit box.
This should really be set to sizeof(in_addr_t), as that is what
inet_addr() returns.

I checked the latest nightly tar-ball, and this bug is still there,
so can someone get this change put into the next release so that we
don't have to fix it by hand when we upgrade next?

Thanks,

-Jeff Lange