Re: Possible snmp get memory leak? - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: Possible snmp get memory leak? - SNMP ; On 11/04/07, Kun Niu wrote: > So I changed the snmpget source code so that it runs continuously for about > 100,000,000 times. > And I found that the useage of my memory grows quickly. First question - which version ...

  1. Re: Possible snmp get memory leak?

    On 11/04/07, Kun Niu wrote:
    > So I changed the snmpget source code so that it runs continuously for about
    > 100,000,000 times.
    > And I found that the useage of my memory grows quickly.

    First question - which version of the code are you using?
    We're continually plugging memory leaks, so it's definitely
    worth trying with the most recent code (v5.4).

    If you're still see problems, please see the Wiki page
    http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/wiki...F_Memory_Leaks

    for suggestions as to how to track down exactly where this
    leak occurs. The more precisely you can identify the problem,
    the more chance we have of fixing it.

    Dave

  2. Re: Possible snmp get memory leak?

    I'm sorry that I didn't see your reply until recently.

    Appreciate your warm reply.
    My IDE is vs2003 and it fails to import v5.4 project.
    And it fails to compile.
    And I use the version 5.2.4 pre2 which seems to be can't downloaded
    from the net-snmp site.
    The new release 5.2.4 still has the problem.
    Any other tools to suggest so that I can figure out the location of
    the memory leak on win platform?

    Thanks again for your reply.