On 06/04/07, Erik Earle wrote:
> do i have to register every oid or can I just register
> a sub arc and have my extension handle everything
> under that arc?

It depends on how you are implementing the MIB
objects, and which helper(s) you are using.

The basic handler registration takes a single OID,
and will deal with everything under that subtree
(deciding whether particular OIDs are valid or not).

Most of the more specific helpers take more information
about exactly which MIB object(s) are being implemented,
so that they can do some of the more straightforward
processing automatically.

But yes - you can register the full subtree yourself
if you prefer.

Dave