Max wrote:
> I can even do a bulk GET on the NET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB to call extension
> scripts, but only if I do a bulk walk of the OID
> .
> NET-SNMP-EXTEND-MIB::nsExtendOutLine
> Any attempts to call sub OIDs below that point result in
> Apr 6 21:56:24 vps287 kernel: snmpd[10550]: segfault at 0000000000000000
> rip 00002aaaaaadc648 rsp 00007fff7268cb90 error 4

Is it limited to a *bulk* walk? Does "snmpwalk ...
.." work fine? If so, what's the output?

> The scripts I am attempting to call I have been using on 5-6 hosts
> under RHEL3 with exec and the 5.0.x tree of Net-SNMP for over 2 years.

Can you narrow it down to a single script that's triggering the segfault?

Can you try running the agent (5.4 or current SVN, preferrably) under a debugger
and get us a backtrace, please? See

Thomas Anders (thomas.anders at

Net-snmp-coders mailing list