It appears that there are some problems with compiling
NET-SNMP on Solaris 10 U3.

I was able to compile it on the system before upgrade
it from U2 to U3.

I need to compile the Perl modules but found that I am
unable to conduct a successful compile even in the
most simplest of forms.

=93--disable-agent --disable-mibs --disable-mib-loading
--disable-applications --disable-scripts
--disable-set-support --disable-manuals --disable-md5=94

/usr/include/netinet/in_pcb.h:40: error: field
`inp_route' has incomplete type
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`snmp_vars.lo'
Current working directory /my-inst/net-snmp-5.4/agent
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
if test "snmplib agent" !=3D ""; then \
it=3D"snmplib agent" ; \
for i in $it ; do \
echo "making all in `pwd`/$i"; \
( cd $i ; make ) ; \
if test $? !=3D 0 ; then \
exit 1 ; \
fi \
done \
fi

with std. configure it fails in the mib group:

In file included from mibgroup/mibII/at.c:88:
.../agent/mibgroup/kernel_sunos5.h:19: warning:
redefinition of `Counter64'
/usr/include/inet/mib2.h:123: warning: `Counter64'
previously declared here
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`mibgroup/mibII/at.lo'
Current working directory /my-inst/net-snmp-5.4/agent
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
if test "snmplib agent apps man local mibs" !=3D "";
then \
it=3D"snmplib agent apps man local mibs" ; \
for i in $it ; do \
echo "making all in `pwd`/$i"; \
( cd $i ; make ) ; \
if test $? !=3D 0 ; then \
exit 1 ; \
fi \
done \
fi

I did not have this problem before the upgrade. I also
tried the compiler shipped with Sun Studio 10 and also
dmake, same problem.

http://www.mail-archive.com/net-snmp...et/msg13049.h=
tml
(=93ar=94 is in the PATH)
http://www.mail-archive.com/net-snmp...et/msg13285.h=
tml

Both threads listed above were created after the
release of Solaris U3. (11/06) Maybe they are using U3

I also tried version 5.3.1 same problem. =

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

=

_________