VC> Iam implementing some features that were broken in
VC> net-snmp 5.4. For the eg in udpEndpointProcess the value returned is 0
VC> instead of pid. Now i have implemented a common function to return the
VC> pid. I use this function for both udp mib and tcp mib. However iam not
VC> sure where this function should fall under? I mean where should i place
VC> this function to be logically sticking to net-snmp standards?

Sorry for the very long delay in responding to your question...

There actually isn't a great place right now. Some of the other
modules actually implement in one place (say udp) and then reference
it from the tcp equivalent (using a config_require() on the udp code
to make user it's loaded).

At some point, we probably need to make a "os" directory like to do an
abstraction layer like we have for the "hardware" directory.
--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.