MF> I am certain that there is some good reason and hope somebody
MF> could tell me, but why is the AgentX master module initiated by a
MF> separate call to real_init_agentx in snmp_agent.c?

Yes there is. Now if only we could remember it. We can certainly
wish it was commented as to why. We could certainly have our wishes

I do remember discussing it "way back when" though.

MF> Or, expressed in another way, why is the below patch a bad idea?

Have you tried it? With various types of config?

MF> * Move the master agent code from libnetsnmpagent to
MF> libnetsnmpmibs

That, however, seems like a different question. Why is it in the mib
code? cause it isn't a mib implementation and is part of the agent,
really... Regardless of where it is called in the init process, I
still think it should be in libnetsnmpagent?

MF> (Known drawbacks, the patch is a work in progress:
MF> * It will reparse the agentx config, possily it should handle
MF> duplicates there better)

Sounds inefficient.

What's the end goal, just out of curiosity? General clean up or some
other problem?
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.

Net-snmp-coders mailing list