Net-snmp insatllation in Cygwin----kindly help - SNMP

This is a discussion on Net-snmp insatllation in Cygwin----kindly help - SNMP ; --===============0679187255== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_Part_138520_29540566.1174760505124" ------=_Part_138520_29540566.1174760505124 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline I have to code a C program that uses net-snmp libraries. I have to do this in Windows platform. But I understand that net-snmp programs needs gcc ...

  1. Net-snmp insatllation in Cygwin----kindly help

    --===============0679187255==

    ------=_Part_138520_29540566.1174760505124

    I have to code a C program that uses net-snmp libraries. I have to do this
    in Windows platform. But I understand that net-snmp programs needs gcc
    compiler that comes with linux environment. And this can be achieved in
    windows by using Cygwin, a Linux like environment in Window. I have read the
    instructions to do this frm various sources but still facing with few
    problems. I shall list out wat all I have done and wat problems iam
    facing here...
    1. Installed Cygwin, with basic packages and checked gcc compiler, gdb,
    make ( which are required for net-snmp)
    2. downloaded net-snmp-5.4 , extracted it and placed it in home directory of
    Cygwin directory
    3. opened cygwin console and changed the net-snmp-5.4 directory and compiled
    it as follows
    ./configure --prefix=/net-snmp --with-mib-modules="host"
    make
    make install
    4. After this wen I checked the net-snmp cirectory which was created under
    root( using --prefix) , it had the 'include' directory, but all the
    libraries weren't there. ( only net-snmp-config.h is present).
    5. Also the snmpwalk, snmpget or any other commands do not work( they prompt
    an error: command not found)

    Kindly help me with this installation. Should I include any other
    dependency packaged during Cygwin installation?? or should I include any
    directives in ./configure command. Why are the libraries not
    getting installed

    ------=_Part_138520_29540566.1174760505124

    I have to code a C program that uses net-snmp libraries. I have to do this in Windows platform. But I understand that net-snmp programs needs gcc compiler that comes with linux environment. And this can be achieved in windows by using Cygwin, a Linux like environment in Window. I have read the instructions to do this frm various sources but still facing with few problems. I shall list out wat all I have done and wat problems iam facing here...

[...]

  2. Re: Net-snmp insatllation in Cygwin----kindly help

    I install cygwin , and then configure net-snmp ,
    but it can't find make command and this error appears:
    bash : make : command not found( the same for makefile and make install)

    do i install cygwin uncompleted?
    what package should i install for compile net-snmp on cygwin?

+ Reply to Thread