On fre, 2007-03-02 at 15:56 +0100, maciej_golas wrote:
> I have writen a subagentagent based on net-snmp Tutorial
> (http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.p...ing_a_Subagent).
> I run my snmpd daemon with options "-f -Le -d" so I can see
> what happens on the wire.
> So when I run example-demon I can see that this daemon is connected
> to the master agent (snmpd).
> But according to the tutorial, when I run:
> snmpget localhost NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB:nstAgentSunagentObject.0
> I've got response:
> Timeout: No Response from localhost
>
> Looking at the snmpd log I can see:
> Received 129 bytes from UDP: [127.0.0.1]:1054 .....
> Sending 60 bytes to UDP: unknown ....
>
> It seems that snmpd doesn't know where to sent the answer to.
> Am I right?
> Could you help me to fix this problem?

Exactly what commands did you run?
What did the programs output?
How did you start the agent?
How did you start the subagent?

Using

prefix/snmpd -Lo -f -d -c /my/config/snmpd.conf

and, in another window

mysubagent -Lo -f -d

and finally, in a third window

snmpget localhost NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB::nstAgentSubagentObject.0

I get

NET-SNMP-TUTORIAL-MIB::nstAgentSubagentObject.0 = INTEGER: 2

so it seems to work for me.

/MF