From: SANTHOSH S (WT01 - Broadband Networks)
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2007 11:17 AM
To: 'Wes Hardaker'
Cc: D.T.Shield@csc.liv.ac.uk; net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net;
'Dave Shield'
Subject: RE: Sharing modifications done in Net-SNMP source

Wes Hardaker,

From RFC2786 section 2.1, I understood that EMS should send SET
request on usmUserTable / usmDHUserKeyTable to trigger the key change,
upon receiving the request Agent will generate the random number and
drive DH public key which is published in associated MIB.

Manager should read the published keys through GET request.

Manager should generates random number and derive DH public key.
Then Manger should send SET request with both (agents & managers -
concatenated) DH public key.

As per the above flow, the request needs to be transmitted for
key change is SET, GET followed by SET. But when I trace the agent logs
in 5.2.1 for snmpusm key change command, I noticed that only GET & SET
request is send form Manger to Agent. Please find attached get & set
request details. The fist SET request is missing / I am not able to
trace this. Please let me know if I missed something.

I hope the first SET request for Key change needs to be taken
care in 5.2.1.

-SIGTERM
Santhosh