Re: Re: Porting net-snmp to arm platform questions - SNMP

This is a discussion on Re: Re: Porting net-snmp to arm platform questions - SNMP ; On 24/01/07, liu.renfeng wrote: > Is there any thing I need to do to fix this problem ? You need to simplify your snmpd.conf file! In particular, you have *two* active access control sections: > com2sec notConfigUser default public > ...

  1. Re: Re: Porting net-snmp to arm platform questions

    On 24/01/07, liu.renfeng wrote:

    > Is there any thing I need to do to fix this problem ?

    You need to simplify your snmpd.conf file!

    In particular, you have *two* active access control sections:

    > com2sec notConfigUser default public
    > group notConfigGroup v1 notConfigUser
    > group notConfigGroup v2c notConfigUser
    > view systemview included .1.3.6.1.2.1.1
    > view systemview included .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.1
    > access notConfigGroup "" any noauth exact systemview none none

    Which gives "public" access to the system group only,
    then later:

    > com2sec notConfigUser default public
    > group notConfigGroup v1 notConfigUser
    > group notConfigGroup v2c notConfigUser
    > view roview included .1
    > view rwview included system.sysContact
    > view rwview included system.sysName
    > view rwview included system.sysLocation

    [etc]
    > access notConfigGroup "" any noauth exact roview rwview none

    Which tries to give public access to the whole tree.

    But because you've already set up access to the "systemview",
    that's what will be used instead. The 'roview'/'rwview' settings will
    be ignored

    I suggest you start again with a clean config file.
    Something like

    rocommunity public

    would be the simplest.

    > I cross compiled net-snmp with --enable-mini-agent option

    Note that this will omit most of the 'mib-2' objects from the agent.
    You should still get the system group, but I'm not sure how much
    else will be implemented.

    Dave

  2. Re: Porting net-snmp to arm platform questions

    I compiled for the standard agent with arm-linux version 2.95.3.
    I use make & make all then use make install on my PC.but how port installed folder to my ARM?
    also I configure like this befor make:

    ./configure --target=arm-linux --host=arm --build=i686 --with-cc=arm-linux-gcc --with-ar=arm-linux-ar --with-endianness=little --disable-applications --disable-manuals --disable-scripts --prefix=/home/ahmad/Documents/Projects/SNMP --exec-prefix=/home/ahmad/Documents/Projects/SNMP --with-install-prefix=/home/ahmad/Documents/Projects/SNMP

    my installed folder is SNMP.

+ Reply to Thread