On 04/01/07, Venkata Guddeti wrote:
> 1. Can I create two subagent processes on the same machine. One for
> processing get/set and the other for sending the traps.

That is likely to be the safest approach.

As explained in README.thread, the agent code is not thread-safe, so
having two threads (one sending traps and one handling GET/SET requests)
is unlikely to work reliably. We've also had reports of problems with
high-volume subagent trap generation - though that's tended to be as a
result of deadlock with GET handling.

The bottom line is that multiple subagents should *not* be run as separate
threads of the same basic process. Separating the two tasks into two
completely separate processes feels much the safest approach.

> 2. Integrate my code that does get/set into snmpd and create another process
> to send traps based on the triggers received from outside.

That should work too.

Dave