--===============1004313371==

--0-1044764720-1165352029=:24926

Dear Dave and All
Thank you very much for the reply. I have tried installing on test machine, I have got some values, not sure of the correctness.

I have tried to compile the net-snmp 5.4 code on a machine where I do not root access. This needs root previleges as compilation tried to create dir/files under the following dir.
/usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto

Is there an option to choose for those files to go into a different dir (of my choice)?

Also, does anyone has any idea what does x86_64-linux-thread-multi (dir) mean? Does this mean that Net-snmp has now the support for multi-threading on the 64-bit OS?

I also got linking problems such as the following:
undefined reference to `boot_DynaLoader'
undefined reference to `Perl_newXS'
etc..
Looks like net-snmp now needs more libs?

Your reply is greatly appreciated,
thank you very much
Reddy

Dave Shield wrote: On 01/12/06, Venkata Guddeti wrote:
> It seems that the hrProcessorLoad does not give anything.
> Has anyone successfully used this variable from the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB MIB.

Please try the new 5.4 release. The agent finally implements
this object in a sensible manner (for the first time).

> I though that I can use ssCpuIdle, but it is already marked as
> 'deprecated'.

This was deprecated in favour of the equivalent 'ssCpuRawIdle' object.
Again, the 5.4 release has addressed some of the limitations of the
earlier 'ssCpuIdle' object, and this is probably more useful than it
was before.

But see the relevant FAQ entries for more details.

Dave