On 05/12/06, Venkata Guddeti wrote:
> I have tried to compile the net-snmp 5.4 code on a machine where I do not
> root access. This needs root previleges as compilation tried to create
> dir/files under the following dir.
> /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto

I'm very surprised that it tries to create files there during the compilation.
During installation, perhaps - but not during compilation, surely?
(I'm not really doubting you - just expressing amazement!)

> Is there an option to choose for those files to go into a different dir (of
> my choice)?

Not sure, offhand.
But disabling the perl stuff might help.
Try
configure --with-out-perl-modules --disable-embedded-perl

Dave