--===============0229249820==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C71861.4FF73F23

Hi I'm trying to compile on aix 4.3.3 net-snmp-5-0-11 package.

when I run make test I get the following :

>gcc -I../../include -I../../include -I. -I../.. -I. -I./../.. =

-I./../../snmplib
>ucd-snmp/versioninfo.c:97:37: warning: character constant too long for =

its type
>ucd-snmp/versioninfo.c:97:37: warning: character constant too long for =

its type
>ucd-snmp/versioninfo.c: In function `var_extensible_version':
>ucd-snmp/versioninfo.c:97: error: parse error before '\x302e3131'
>ucd-snmp/versioninfo.c:97:37: warning: character constant too long for =

its type
>make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

>Stop.
>make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2.

>Stop.
>make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2.

>Stop.

I had the same experience with package net-snmp-5-0-10.2.

There was a post about from Robert Story with this answer :
>Robert Story wrote
>Fri, 24 Jun 2005 06:24:32 -0700
>>On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:51:14 +0530 amit wrote:
>> ucd-snmp/versioninfo.c:97:37: warning: character constant too long =

for its =20
>> type

>That one is easy.. there is an extra set of quotes around the string on =

line 97
>of that file. Delete them.

>--=20
>NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be =

deleted
> unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

>Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
>Support: <> =

>Archive: =

<>

>You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.=20

The problem that at my line 97

I have this :

static char config_opts[] =3D CONFIGURE_OPTIONS;

Any help would be accepted.
Thanks

AB

*******************Internet Email Confidentiality =
Footer*******************

Qualsiasi utilizzo non autorizzato del presente messaggio nonche' dei =
suoi allegati e' vietato e potrebbe costituire reato. Se lei ha ricevuto =
erroneamente il presente messaggio, Le saremmo grati se, via e-mail, ce =
ne comunicasse la ricezione e provvedesse alla distruzione del messaggio =
stesso e dei suoi eventuali allegati. Le dichiarazioni contenute nel =
presente messaggio nonche' nei suoi eventuali allegati devono essere =
attribuite esclusivamente al mittente e non possono essere considerate =
come trasmesse o autorizzate da SIA S.p.A.; le medesime dichiarazioni =
non impegnano SIA S.p.A. nei confronti del destinatario o di terzi.=20
SIA S.p.A. non si assume alcuna responsabilita' per eventuali =
intercettazioni, modifiche o danneggiamenti del presente messaggio =
e-mail.=20

Any unauthorized use of this e-mail or any of its attachments is =
prohibited and could constitute an offence. If you are not the intended =
addressee please advise immediately the sender by using the reply =
facility in your e-mail software and destroy the message and its =
attachments. The statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail =
message are those of the author of the message and do not necessarily =
represent those of SIA. Besides, The contents of this message shall be =
understood as neither given nor endorsed by SIA S.p.A..=20
SIA S.p.A. does not accept liability for corruption, interception or =
amendment, if any, or the consequences thereof.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C71861.4FF73F23

charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7650.28">
Meke error

Hi I'm trying to compile on =
aix 4.3.3 net-snmp-5-0-11 package.

when I run make test I get =
the following :

    >gcc -I../../include =
    -I../../include -I. -I../.. -I. -I./../.. -I./../../snmplib

    FACE=3D"Arial">>ucd-snmp/versioninfo.c:97:37: warning: character =
    constant too long for its type

    FACE=3D"Arial">>ucd-snmp/versioninfo.c:97:37: warning: character =
    constant too long for its type

    >ucd-snmp/versioninfo.c: =
    In function `var_extensible_version':

    FACE=3D"Arial">>ucd-snmp/versioninfo.c:97: error: parse error before =
    '\x302e3131'

    FACE=3D"Arial">>ucd-snmp/versioninfo.c:97:37: warning: character =
    constant too long for its type

    >make: 1254-004 The error =
    code from the last command is 1.

    >Stop.

    >make: 1254-004 The error =
    code from the last command is 2.

    >Stop.

    >make: 1254-004 The error =
    code from the last command is 2.

    >Stop.

I had the same experience =
with package net-snmp-5-0-10.2.

There was a post about =
from
Robert Story SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> with this answer =
:

2005 17:51:14 +0530 amit wrote:

>> =
ucd-snmp/versioninfo.c:97:37: warning: character constant too long for =
its

>> =
type

>That one is easy.. =
there is an extra set of quotes around the string on line 97

>of that file. =
Delete them.

>--

>NOTE: messages sent =
directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted

New">>      unless they are requests for =
paid consulting services.

>Robert Story; =
NET-SNMP Junkie

<
New">< HREF=3D"http://www.net-snmp.org/">http://www.net-snmp.org/>=
> =
<irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>

>Archive: =
<
New">< HREF=3D"http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=3Dnet-snmp-cod=
ers">
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/f...t-snmp-coders=

>You are lost in a =
twisty maze of little standards, all different.

The problem that at my =
line 97

I have this =
:

    =
[...]

amendment, if any, or the consequences thereof.=20