Netsnmp agent 5.3.1 is not compiled - SNMP

This is a discussion on Netsnmp agent 5.3.1 is not compiled - SNMP ; Hi All, I have tried with netsnmp agent 5.3.1( not with binary files) and also I have installed the related s/w perl, openssl and MSVisiual 6.0 for installing snmp agent in windows operting system. I am following the instructions which ...

  1. Netsnmp agent 5.3.1 is not compiled

    Hi All,

    I have tried with netsnmp agent 5.3.1( not with binary files) and also
    I have installed the related s/w perl, openssl and MSVisiual 6.0 for
    installing snmp agent in windows operting system.

    I am following the instructions which are given in the README.win32.

    The steps I have followed are
    i) Extract the netsnmp5.3.1.tar.gz
    ii) Open the command prompt with Visual studio and run the VCVARS32.bat
    to set the Visual studio path
    iii) Now excute
    perl Configure --with-sdk --with-ssl --config=debug --prefix="c:/usr"
    --with-ipv6

    And getting the summary as

    Net-SNMP configuration summary:

    Config type: debug
    SDK: enabled
    Link type: static
    Prefix / Destdir: c:/usr
    OpenSSL: enabled
    IPv6 enabled

    iv) excute
    nmake clean
    nmake

    while doing nmake I have got the following error

    ...\..\snmplib\snmpTCPDomain.c(6) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
    include file: 'sys/socket.h': No such file or directory
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\BIN\NMAKE.EXE' :
    return code '0x2'
    Stop.

    I believe that the above error is thrown because of the sys/socket.h
    may not be avialable in the windows PC.

    Any thoughts will be highly appreciated.

    Please help to resolve this issue.

    Thanks
    Ravikumar

  2. Re: Netsnmp agent 5.3.1 is not compiled

    Hi All,

    I have searched in Visual VC++ and "sys/socket.h " is not available.
    They recomment that use winsockets files for windows instead of
    sys/socket. (sys/socket.h is unix based sockets and its corresponding
    windows socket is winsockets.h). Is there any changes are required to
    install in windows. I tried with win32 package.

    Is there any library or dll is required to set in the classpath before
    installing the netsnmp agent. If so, please guide me to come out from
    this issue.

    Thanks in Advance

    Look forward your valuable thoughts.

    Ravikumar

    Ravikumar wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have tried with netsnmp agent 5.3.1( not with binary files) and also
    > I have installed the related s/w perl, openssl and MSVisiual 6.0 for
    > installing snmp agent in windows operting system.
    >
    > I am following the instructions which are given in the README.win32.
    >
    > The steps I have followed are
    > i) Extract the netsnmp5.3.1.tar.gz
    > ii) Open the command prompt with Visual studio and run the VCVARS32.bat
    > to set the Visual studio path
    > iii) Now excute
    > perl Configure --with-sdk --with-ssl --config=debug --prefix="c:/usr"
    > --with-ipv6
    >
    > And getting the summary as

    > Net-SNMP configuration summary:
    >
    > Config type: debug
    > SDK: enabled
    > Link type: static
    > Prefix / Destdir: c:/usr
    > OpenSSL: enabled
    > IPv6 enabled
    >
    > iv) excute
    > nmake clean
    > nmake
    >
    > while doing nmake I have got the following error
    >
    > ..\..\snmplib\snmpTCPDomain.c(6) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
    > include file: 'sys/socket.h': No such file or directory
    > NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl.exe' : return code '0x2'
    > Stop.
    > NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\VC98\BIN\NMAKE.EXE' :
    > return code '0x2'
    > Stop.
    >
    > I believe that the above error is thrown because of the sys/socket.h
    > may not be avialable in the windows PC.
    >
    > Any thoughts will be highly appreciated.
    >
    > Please help to resolve this issue.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ravikumar

+ Reply to Thread