--===============1537091400==

>From: "Dave Shield"
>To: "Pete Marinec"
>CC: net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: Re: disman event - monitoring scalar values (net-snmp 5.4)
>Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 10:45:03 +0000
>
>On 04/12/06, Pete Marinec wrote:
>> >Try specifying the monitor command using the "-I" (capital i) flag,
>> >and giving the exact OID (i.e. including the .0 instance subidentifier)
>> >
>> >If that still doesn't work, try running the agent with the option

>>-Ddisman,
>> >too give some indication what's happening.

>>i tried with the -I, including the .0 - no change in output. With debug,
>>no
>>messages are displayed..

>Nothing at *all*?
>That sounds definitely wrong.
>
>If nothing else, you should get some messages displayed as part of setting
>up the DisMan monitoring entries, even if the active monitoring doesn't
>kick in.
>
>What is the exact command that you are using to start the agent?
>What do you see if you walk the DisMan Event tables?

C:\usr\bin>snmpd -Ddisman -d

the snmpd.conf file is:
rwuser default noauth
createUser default MD5 nopassword DES

rwcommunity public
trap2sink 127.0.0.1 public

iquerySecName default
agentSecName default

notificationEvent stateCMDChange cmdTrapStateCurrent cmdStateCurrent
monitor -e stateCMDChange -I "Generate stateChangeTrap" cmdStateCurrent.0 !=
0

(I've tried .0 / -I's with several different combinations)

>>I also tried using the "-n" option, with the notification type being
>>specified followed by -n, and nothing else, however i get an "Error:
>>unable
>>to parse an object oid"

>I wouldn't worry about that just yet.
>Concentrate on getting the basic monitoring functionality working first.
>*Then* you can look at configuring the exact setup you require.
> But if things aren't working at all, it's sensible to start with as
>simple
>a setup as possible.
>
>Dave

the table lists no entries:

C:\usr\bin>snmptable -v2c -c public localhost disman
DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::dismanEventMIB: No entries

Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version.*Join now.
http://ideas.live.com