>From: "Dave Shield"
>To: "Pete Marinec"
>CC: net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: Re: disman event - monitoring scalar values (net-snmp 5.4)
>Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:13:20 +0000
>On 28/11/06, Pete Marinec wrote:
>>For example
>>manager does a SET request for a BIT saying execute (an INT 1), the agent
>>receives the set, then notifies saying the BIT has completed,

>That is presumably in addition to the RESPONSE, sent back to say that the
>SET succeeded?

>>I am having trouble implementing the TRAPS. I've looked into using the
>>DISMAN EVENT to monitor the scalars (using a boolean monitor test) to send
>>notificationEvent (with the -n option) so that the payload has all the
>>OBJECTs (per MIB file) & their respective values (from the agent), however
>>never receive any of these notifications (my snmpd.conf file seems to be
>>setup correctly) (running the snmpd with debug doesn't say anything gets
>>sent either).. does the disman event monitor scalars?

>It should do, yes.
>Try specifying the monitor command using the "-I" (capital i) flag,
>and giving the exact OID (i.e. including the .0 instance subidentifier)
>If that still doesn't work, try running the agent with the option -Ddisman,
>too give some indication what's happening.

i tried with the -I, including the .0 - no change in output. With debug, no
messages are displayed..

I also tried using the "-n" option, with the notification type being
specified followed by -n, and nothing else, however i get an "Error: unable
to parse an object oid"
also i tried changing the monitor test ot a "!=OID"
and i get "Error: unable to parse oid !=bitCurrentState.0"

I tried all combinations of spacing, removing the -I and .0 etc... it still
gives those errors and no notifications...

I'm running with v5.4 (disman is built in), I can receive the coldstart
trap.. I just have no idea why its not firing