I have an agent built with net-snmp version 5.3.0.1. This agent sends v2
TRAPs using the send_v2trap() call. My customer wants to move to INFORM
messages. I manually create the sessions using create_trap_session().

What I've found is, if the receiver doesn't respond to the first try,
the INFORM is not retried. I saw bug 1260081 in sourceforge which
describes this exact problem, but it's not clear to me what the status
of this bug is in 5.3.0.1 and higher.

Our messages may be sent over GPRS which has quite high latency, and so
I would also like to know:
- how to easily change the timeout/retries parameter for the sessions
- how to detect if a response was in fact received
- how to insert my own callback if necessary/possible to handle
important events such as retry or failure.

Your help is appreciated,
Harold Ship
Giant Steps Networks Ltd.
harold@giant-steps-networks.com