OS: Solaris 8
Compiler: gcc
Output of crle:

crle -c /var/ld/ldconfig -l /usr/lib:/usr/ssl/lib

I compiled 5.4 with my usual bells and whistles and installed.

When I run with my usual startup script it fails:

ls.so.1: fatal: libgcc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory

WTF?

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and or privileged
recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action
relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply,
should be deleted or destroyed.