>>>>> "TA" == Thomas Anders writes:

TA> I strongly object.

I strongly don't think you've looked at what I did.

It doesn't actually break it did it? did you try it?

TA> I'm making use of the mentioned symlink tricks ("shadow trees") to
TA> successfully build outside the source tree *with* perl enabled in
TA> all of my nightly builds.

That should still work.

All I did was test *configures* notion of where the source tree was
(IE, top_srcdir). If you're using a symlink tree it shouldn't be a
problem because you're still calling configure with ./configure
--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.