Problem with starting the agent in AES - SNMP

This is a discussion on Problem with starting the agent in AES - SNMP ; Hi All, I have downloaded the latest version net-snmp-5.3.1. And the openssl version is 0.9.6b. It is also support the aes-cbc-128 Algorithm.The steps which I have followed for installing the net-snmp agent is as follows. 1. run the configure file ...

  1. Problem with starting the agent in AES

    Hi All,

    I have downloaded the latest version net-snmp-5.3.1. And the openssl
    version is 0.9.6b. It is also support the aes-cbc-128 Algorithm.The
    steps which I have followed for installing the net-snmp agent is as
    follows.
    1. run the configure file
    2. run the make
    3. run make test
    4. run the make install.

    While running the make test file I found that AES test are passed i.e
    ok.

    After successfully installed the agent. I write the user entries in the
    /var/net-snmp/snmpd.conf file is as follows

    createUser authUser MD5 authUser
    createUser privUser MD5 privUser DES
    privUser
    createUser privUserAES MD5 privUserAES AES privUserAES

    And also configure the VACM table for all the user. And then I start
    the agent then only the authuser & privUser entries are converted into
    the hex format and the privUserAES is discarded. I cross check the same
    by quering with this username. While I am querying any oid, the
    unKnownUser error is returned. The DES id working fine for me.

    Is anything I would like to configure or missing it. Please help me how
    to start the agent with privprotocol as AES.

    Also the configure summary is ,

    SNMP Versions Supported: 1 2c 3
    Net-SNMP Version: 5.3.1
    Building for: linux
    Network transport support: Callback Unix TCP UDP
    SNMPv3 Security Modules: usm
    Agent MIB code: mibII ucd_snmp snmpv3mibs notification
    notificatio
    n-log-mib target agent_mibs agentx disman/event-mib disman/schedule
    utilities ho
    st host
    SNMP Perl modules: disabled
    Embedded perl support: disabled
    Authentication support: MD5 SHA1
    Encryption support: DES AES
    WARNING: New version of the Event MIB which may be subtly different
    from the
    original implementation - configure with 'disman/old-event-mib' for the
    previous
    version

    I am expecting your thougths at the earliest.

    Thanks in Advance

    Ravi.

  2. Re: Problem with starting the agent in AES

    Hi

    In Addition to my previous mail, What are the default user which is
    generated by the net-snmp agent. Please let me know the user details.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Ravi.

+ Reply to Thread