Appologies if this is the wrong list to ask, but I am currently chasing
a bug where we are seeing an snmptable command respond with question
marks ('?') as the result for some of the column entries; and I am
wondering if this is normal behaviour if net-snmp encounters an error
while trying to interpret a response.

example:
snmptable -c public -Os -Cl localhost mytable -Co
"index=id,col3=num,col4=ip"

id num ip
091 1 192.168.24.85
201 1 192.168.24.119
76E 1 192.168.26.9
118 1 192.168.26.11
286 1 192.168.26.28
CFB 1 192.168.26.101
078 1 192.168.25.255
095 1 192.168.24.252
DE8 ? ?
9D8 1 192.168.26.93

also, we've noticed that when the '?' appears, the row is actually
repeated over and over again (sometimes thousands of times!) as if the
bulk-get gets stuck retreiving the same index over and over again.

Has anyone seen behaviour like this before?

Is this expected if the MIB-code is returning erroneous data?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

MV

Mike Varley -= SOMA Networks =-
mvarley@somanetworks.com 416-348-1578