--===============1386628256==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6CCE5.158E8D09

>>I know that SNMP works over UDP.
>>I am developing a subagent over agentx

Agentx will be over TCP.

>>So how long can I take or is there any other way in the SNMP protocol

itself to solve this issue?

By default snmpget will wait for 5 seconds and resends the
request if agent doesn't respond. If data retrieving is going to take
some time means then you can go for caching of the local data.

Temporary solution:

If get on some OID's is going to take more than default timeout you can
try by increasing the time out period while issuing snmpget.

=20

Thanks and Regards

-JP