>>Then I suggest you investigate the newer v5 API, which can support

this.

>>Alternatively, if you have control over the MIB structure - perhaps
>>this information would be better defined as a table rather than
>>individual scalar objects? Use a table index to distinguish between
>>multiple instances of the same basic measurement, rather than
>>contexts.

Re designing whole mib by adding additional instance id will lead to a
big change and requires lot of effort to modify the data structures/code
to support set/get/getnext operation. Because of that I am trying for
any alternative method to do this.

>>You have the source, so can do whatever you like with it.
>>We have provided a new mechanism that will support what you are trying
>>to do (without breaking existing v4-API modules). So our advice
>>would be to use that.
>>But if you prefer to change the old API in your private code, then
>>feel free - no-one is going to try to stop you.

Regarding v5-API's I have just only one question,
1. Will v5-API's forward context to var_* function?

Also because of I have only one subagent which has to control multiple
instances of mib dynamically I can't define var_* functions on the fly
while registering mib. I am desperately wanted context to be passed to
var_* functions. If v5-API's supports this means I will definitely go
for it.