On 29/08/06, Jayaprakasha Guddenahalli Naganna wrote:
> I am able to register same oid twice with different context and single
> (same) callback function (var_*) from one agentx subagent.

That's the purpose of the context field.

> By using the above technique can I support multiple instance of same OID =

> passing context name .....

> ..... to "var_ipForwardSingle" function=85?

Probably not.
That sounds as if you're using the older v4 UCD-style module API.
I don't believe that API supports the use of contexts.

Have a look at the newer v5 handler-based modules. That API should
support non-default contexts, *without* needing to change the API
itself (which would not be acceptable).

> Will this be an efficient and valid solution with respect to all
> circumstances? Is there any drawback with above solution?

There is no way that we would contemplate changing an established API.
But the newer v5 approach should support this OK.

Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easi=
Net-snmp-coders mailing list