--===============0401466762==

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6CB6D.A4B2ABEC

Hi all,

=20

I am able to register same oid twice with different context and single
(same) callback function (var_*) from one agentx subagent.=20

=20

To walk through those OID I have used snmp v3 with contexts.

=20

I am successfully able to walk through the OID using two different
contexts. (Didn't got the result when I used different context name.
This is OK)

=20

Example,

>From subagent I registered=20

1. .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.24.1 OID with context =3D "abc"
2. .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.24.1 OID with context =3D "def" =20

=20

For both the mib registration I have used common get callback function
called "var_ipForwardSingle".

Both snmpget -n "abc" and snmpget -n "def" were showing proper value.
(for both the query "var_ipForwardSingle" function was called)

=20

I also debug the code to check what context is being passed to subagent
when snmpget issued with different context and found that subagent is
receiving proper contexts.=20

=20

=20

By using the above technique can I support multiple instance of same OID
by passing context name to "var_ipForwardSingle" function...? (This
requires agentx functions to be modified by adding context parameter)

=20

For example,

If the user creates two ospfv3 instances subagent will register ospfV3
mib twice with different context (ospf id). To query the values user has
to pass the proper context (ospf id).

1. Snmpwalk -n "1" will show the OID's for ospf instance 1

a. In subagent we have to modify the agentx code to pass
context=3D"1" to var_* functions.

2. Snmpwalk -n "2" will show the OID's for ospf instance 2

a. In subagent we have to modify the agentx code to pass
context=3D"1" to var_* functions.

=20

Will this be an efficient and valid solution with respect to all
circumstances? Is there any drawback with above solution?

=20

Thanks and Regards

-JP

------_=_NextPart_001_01C6CB6D.A4B2ABEC

=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:word" =

charset=3Dus-ascii">

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Hi all,>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I am able to register same oid twice with different =