>>>>> "TA" == Thomas Anders writes:

Robert> So, what I proposed is that we leave a little wiggle room in
Robert> the versioning. Can't do much about 5.1 and 5.2 - they are
Robert> already sandwiched (well, 5.1 isn't yet, but it's about to
Robert> me. More on that in a sec). But we can make room for 5.3. I
Robert> proposed that we reserve room for 10 update, not because I
Robert> think we'll need that many, but because it's a nice round
Robert> number and it's better to be safe than sorry. That would mean
Robert> using '20' instead of '11' for 5.4, and '30' for 5.5, etc.

TA-older> Ugggg.... I'll need to let that one sit in my head a bit.

TA> Since 5.4 is approaching, we finally need to come up with a
TA> decision on this. Any further comments?

I'm very against huge wiggle room. I'd suffer for increasing it by
one. However, I'd argue we shouldn't be applying patches that break
backwards stuff in the branches anyway and thus we could NOT do the
above just to force ourselves not to ;-)
--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.