TA> The name of the additional header file is probably the last thing
TA> I'd object against if we solved the issue in question. Let's agree
TA> on splitting the two first.

That's ok I'll object then. I object to using config.h. Lets make
the name more clear about what it contains, and config.h is
ambiguous.

Now that this is out of the way I can safely say: oh boy. I don't
think splitting will be fun, and certainly will bring about problems.
Thus if you want to do it before 5.4 then it needs to be done
immediately as 5.4 is looming and no we're not going to delay 5.4 for
it (we don't delay releases for major changes any longer).
--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.