--===============0012865127==

------=_Part_15557_9188898.1149726186204

Hi,

We're running two 64-bit AIX 5.3 machines, one for production and the other
for disaster recovery.

I understand that there is a problem with the nlist() call from net-snmp
under this environment and there is a shortage of test platforms available
to help correct this.

For us this means that we can't track network device usage on the machine.
No biggie, as we can poll it at the switch anyway. However, there are some
other metrics that I'd really like to track - namely fs cache usage and IO
operations per second.

While I can't offer an account on either machine for a developer to test or
develop on, I am a C developer myself, and can spend a bit of time working
towards fixing this problem. I can also test builds, etc on the disaster
recovery machine.

I'd like to know whether anybody else is currently working on this problem
and a bit more about the nature of the problem itself.

Regards,

--
Michael Pearson