------=_Part_9049_14492408.1147211218655

Good evening,

I was spending several hours trying to get mib2c to run, but it was always
complained with:

"/usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.5: undefined symbol: RAND_bytes"

I did hours of searching on the web and on the newsgroups, and did not find
a satisfactory answer. After enough playing around however, I finally
found out what the problem is, and how to fix it. Seing that there were
literally hundreds of posts over many years with this question, would you
consider adding the following to the FAQ?

------------------ Faq Entry Begins ------------

When I run mib2c, but I always get an error mesasge.
----------------

Some people have been complaining that when attempting to turn mib2c, they
get an error similar to the following:

"/usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.5: undefined symbol: RAND_bytes"

What is happening? RAND_bytes is a library function belonging to the
OpenSSL package. This error also appears if the NetSNMP perl modules have
not been built alongside NetSNMP. The solution is to run the ./configure
script as follows:

./configure --with-openssl=3D/usr/lib --with-perl-modules

Replace /usr/lib/ with whatever folder contains the libssl.so shared object
library files. Then run make, make install, and all should be right in the
world again!

- Jeffrey Magder
----------- Faq Entry Ends -------------

Please let me know if you can or cannot add this entry. Thank you for your
time!

- Jeffrey Magder

------=_Part_9049_14492408.1147211218655

Good evening,

I was spending several hours trying to get mib2c to r=
un, but it was always complained with:

"/usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.=
5: undefined symbol: RAND_bytes"

I did hours of searching on th=
e web and on the newsgroups, and did not find a satisfactory answer.  =
After enough playing around however,  I finally found out what the pro=
blem is, and how to fix it.  Seing that there were literally hundreds =
of posts over many years with this question, would you consider adding the =
following to the FAQ?=20

Some p=
eople have been complaining that when attempting to turn mib2c, they get an=
error similar to the following:

"/usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.5: undefined symbol: RAND_bytes"<=
br>

=