I have since compiled on a 64 bit kernel and run under a 64 bit kernel. We
get the same problem with the nlist I/O error. I modified the auto_nlist.c
yesterday on that machine to include a definition for aix5 so that it would
try and use knlist but encountered a different problem for which I posted a
bug. I was able to get the snmp daemon to run and respond to requests (and
surprisingly enough some of the iftable came back - however when walking the
iptable the daemon goes into an endless loop. It's trying to read from a
non-existent device and it just continues on forever and ever and takes 100%
of the cpu.

I did include truss output with the bug as well as all the symptoms. It's
bug #1484814

Thanks for the information on the previous thread. I'll go take a look at
it.

Jayson