snmptrapd is no longer timing out on a regular
interval in (as compared to 5.2.1). In
reviewing the code, I see that the code used to do
some initialization for AGENTX that setup an alarm.
The alarm prevented snmp_select_info from setting
block to 1. Setting block to 1 causes snmptrapdmain
to set the timeout to 0. Since there is no timeout, I
am not able to get the trapdaemon to respond to
signals in a timely fashion on WIN32, running the
daemon as a service. What do you recommend to
alleviate this problem? I was wondering if there was
some kind of dummy alarm that could be registered so
as to prevent the blocking or should we create some
kind of #define to prevent blocking?

Robert Wilcox

Net-snmp-coders mailing list