William> my need is to convert a string to a long int...
William> generally i use atol();
William> but it won't work. i'm trying so:
William> snmp_set_quick_print(1);
William> value = atol((vars->name, vars->name_length, vars));

William> is this correct?

William> i receive a well formatted output using print_value(), but i need to
William> manipulate the data with mathematical expressions....

William> Can someone help me?

vars->name is an integer array that contains the OID components not the
value. I think you want to print var->val.SOMETHING to get the value,
or you'll have to manipulate each component of the name array if you
wanted to do your mathematical expressions on the OID (unlikely).
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.

Net-snmp-coders mailing list