William> my need is to convert a string to a long int...
William> generally i use atol();
William> but it won't work. i'm trying so:
William> snmp_set_quick_print(1);
William> value = atol((vars->name, vars->name_length, vars));

William> is this correct?

William> i receive a well formatted output using print_value(), but i need to
William> manipulate the data with mathematical expressions....

William> Can someone help me?

vars->name is an integer array that contains the OID components not the
value. I think you want to print var->val.SOMETHING to get the value,
or you'll have to manipulate each component of the name array if you
wanted to do your mathematical expressions on the OID (unlikely).
--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.