------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C6690F.A8D40150

Hi,

I am having a problem with snmpd. The process is running on Fedora Core3. I
have previously successfully used snmpd under Redhat 7.2 although I had to
install ucd-snmp. I believe this is now included in fedora3.

When I do the command:

snmpwalk -v 1 localhost -c public .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.2

It picks up the name of the processes, The max and min number of processes
that must run and I have confirmed the /bin/ps -e show the processes that I
am trying to monitor with snmpd. However, the output from snmpwalk shows
that none of the processes in snmpd.conf file is running and as a result
UCD-SNMP-MIB:rCount.1 = INTEGER: 0, and UCD-SNMP-MIB:rErrMessage.1 =
STRING: Too few mhsracc running (# = 0)

Any idea where I can look for the problem?

Thanks

Paul

Netsys International

Tel: +27 (012)349-2056 (Business)

+27 (012)349-2757 (Facsimile)

+27 (012) 3301310 (Home)

+27 (0)82 375 3902(Mobile)

E-mail: aul@netsys.co.za> paul@netsys.co.za

--
NetSys International (Pty) Ltd.
Tel : +27 12 349 2056

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be
legally privileged. It is solely for use of the individual or entity to whom
is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution
or taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This Message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by the NetSys
International Mail Scanner and is believed to be clean.

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C6690F.A8D40150

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Hi,

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I am having a problem with snmpd. The process is running=
on
Fedora Core3. I have previously successfully used snmpd under Redhat 7.2
although I had to install ucd-snmp. I believe this is now included in fedor=
a3.

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>When I do the command:

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>snmpwalk -v 1 localhost -c public .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.2 pan>

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>It picks up the name of the processes, The max and min
number of processes that must run and I have confirmed the /bin/ps –e=
show
the processes that I am trying to monitor with snmpd. However, the output f=
rom snmpwalk
shows that none of the processes in snmpd.conf file is running and as a res=
ult UCD-SNMP-MIB:rCount.1
=3D INTEGER: 0, and UCD-SNMP-MIB:rErrMessage.1 =3D STRING: Too few mhsracc
running (# =3D 0)

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Any idea where I can look for the problem?
=

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Thanks

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Paul

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>

0.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>

=
Netsys
International

=
Tel: +27
(012)349-2056 (Business)

=
+27
(012)349-2757 (Facsimile)

=
+27 (012)
3301310 (Home)

=
+27 (0)82
375 3902(Mobile)

=
E-mail:
href=3D"mailtoaul@netsys.co.za"> =3D'font-size:7.5pt'>paul@netsys.co.za

'font-size:
12.0pt'>

--

NetSys International (Pty) Ltd.

Tel : +27 12 349 2056

Fax : +27 12 349 2757

Web : http://www.netsys.co.za

P.O. Box 35798, Menlo Park, 0102, South Africa

----

The information contained in this communication is confidential and may
be legally privileged. It is solely for use of the individual or entity
to whom is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are
not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This Message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by the
NetSys International Mail Scanner and is believed to be clean.

=
style=3D"font-family: courier;">

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C6690F.A8D40150--