On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:36:22 -0300 Wesley wrote:
WNDF> I wrote a snmp agent, but my agent take a lot time for to do what it
WNDF> needs and return the values. But my clients when perform snmpwalk or
WNDF> snmpget, the clients gots "Timeout of response" because my agent still
WNDF> doing it.
WNDF> Are there any solution for my problem ? Are there anything that my agent
WNDF> can send signals for the client saying that it's alive and the client
WNDF> must wait the response ?

No, the client must increase their timeout.

The other option would be to have one object be a trigger, and the clients
poll a second object to find out when you are done, and then get the results
from a third object.

NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.

Net-snmp-coders mailing list