----- Message d'origine ----
De : Dave Shield
=C0 : brisse
Cc : net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net
Envoy=E9 le : Lundi, 13 Mars 2006, 11h54mn 25s
Objet : Re: verify connection to master agent

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 11:30 +0100, brisse wrote:
> I would like a mechanism to check the connection to
> the master agent. For example the master crashes and
> then up again. How can I make sure that my subagent
> reconnect properly to the master???=20

Please see the snmpd.conf(5) man page - in particular
the 'agentPingInterval' directive.

> Do I have to do
> these steps again:=20
> =20
> netsnmp_ds_set_boolean(NETSNMP_DS_APPLICATION_ID,N ETSNMP_DS_AGENT_ROLE,1)=

);
> init_agent("mySubAgentName");
> init_myMIB();;
> init_snmp("mySubAgentName");
>=20
> then again my loop:
> agent_check_and_process(0);

Have a look at how this directive is implemented - in particular,
follow the code through from 'agentx_reopen_session()' (in the file
mibgroup/agentx/subagent.c)

Dave

--0-553641569-1145453698=:63272

d>
ont-size:12pt">
rif; font-size: 12pt;">
Hi,

thanks for your reply. I looked at t=
he snmpd.conf man page.
As a result I added
netsnmp_ds_set_int(NETS=
NMP_DS_APPLICATION_ID,
         &nbsp=
;      NETSNMP_DS_AGENT_AGENTX_PING_INTERVAL,10);
r>in the initialization of my subagent.

then I tried to stop my mas=
ter (snmpd) and start it again. Then my subagent is not able to register ag=
ain. I got the following error:

Error: Failed to connect to the agen=
tx master agent: Unknown host (No such file or directory)

AgentX mas=
ter agent failed to respond to ping.  Attempting to re-register.
r>Any ideas??

=

;
> init_myMIB();;
> init_snmp("mySubAgentName");

&=
gt; then again my loop:
> agent_check_and_process(0);

Have=
a look at how
this directive is implemented - in particular,
follow the code through =
from 'agentx_reopen_session()' (in the file
mibgroup/agentx/subagent.c)<=
br>