On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 11:41:34 -0800 David wrote:
DK> The basic idea is that we need to expire the fd_sets returned from
DK> select() if we have reason to believe that the bits may no longer be
DK> correct. If an external handler calls
DK> unregister_{read|write|except}fd() while we are processing pending
DK> fd's we need to stop processing immediately. The unregistered file
DK> descriptor may have been allocated for a different purpose. In any
DK> case the read/write/except status returned by select is now stale.
DK> We must call select again.

Why not continue processing other fds? Instead of using a single boolean
value, use another fdset for finer grained control.

--
NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support:
Archive:

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.