On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 11:30:03 +0100 Ian wrote:
ID> i'm having problems from a response to a SNMPGET. I'm trying to get back
ID> the a mac address from the .ifPhysAddress(.*) from the interface table in
ID> MIB-2. The mac address response value can be seen from ethereal as
ID> 0:d:bd:e7:7c:81, but the printf is just returning a blank string.

This is C programming 101. C strings are null terminated, so if you pass
something that starts with 0 to printf and try to print a string, of course
you are going to get a blank string. Print it as individual characters,
instead.

--
NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support:
Archive:

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.