Christian> I' would like to know what is the best practice in my
Christian> case. I want to use snmptrap in a embedded system with
Christian> limited memory to send trap/inform to a manager. Can I
Christian> compile Net-SNMP's trap to be limited in file size? I have
Christian> searched the lists but haven't seen any answer to my
Christian> question, but it can depend on that I am new to Net-SNMP
Christian> (and even snmp).

Christian> Maybe you can point me to guides or how tos for this matter.

We don't have any published information on limiting the code size to
just functions you need to implement one sub-piece of the protocol.
It's certainly possible, but would take a lot of work.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.