amit> [root@dragon-fly mibs]# echo $MIBS
amit> HCNUM-TC

amit> i have exported the MIBS variable

I'm not sure exactly why you're running into that error. It appears
from a really high-level view that what you're doing is right.

I assume the HCNUM-TC mib is installed into a search-able path...

You might try setting MIBS to +HCNUM-TC instead, though it should work
either way.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.