Dave> So according to that description, a view such as

Dave> view notSystem excluded .1.3.6.1.2.1.1

Dave> would actually not cover *any* MIB objects whatsoever.
Dave> With our current implementation, it would allow access
Dave> to everything bar the system group.

If that's true, that's bad.

Dave> Does anyone want to take issue with this interpretation?
Dave> Or do you agree that we're currently doing it wrong?

That single view above should prevent read access to anything and
everything. If it was "included" it should only allow access to just
that group.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.