Roger> Im having problem with my SNMP. I've installed my SNMP on my
Roger> pc (red hat OS) using a private IP address. There is no
Roger> problem quering (SNMPWALK) same segment but whenever I tried
Roger> quering Public IPs it result to timeout. Please help me.

It's likely either:

1) an access control problem. See the access control section of the
FAQ and the snmpd.conf manual page.

2) you have bound the agent to a specific (internal) interface and
it's not listening to the external one. Since it doesn't do this
by default, you'll know if you have set it up this way.

Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.

Net-snmp-coders mailing list