Mounting a volume where the password uhas the '@' symbol in it. - SMB

This is a discussion on Mounting a volume where the password uhas the '@' symbol in it. - SMB ; Hi, I know that this is the syntax for mounting a volume using smb: smb:// : @ / The problem I'm running into is that my actually has the '@' symbol in it and it's conflicting with the '@' symbol ...

  1. Mounting a volume where the password uhas the '@' symbol in it.

    Hi,

    I know that this is the syntax for mounting a volume using smb:

    smb://:@/

    The problem I'm running into is that my actually has the
    '@' symbol in it and it's conflicting with the '@' symbol that is
    syntactically used in the mount statement.

    Any idea how I can get around this other than changing the password?
    Thanks!

    Ryan

  2. Re: Mounting a volume where the password uhas the '@' symbol in it.

    On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:50:48 -0000,
    Ryan , in
    <1187974248.010468.112520@x40g2000prg.googlegroups. com> wrote:
    >+ Hi,
    >+
    >+ I know that this is the syntax for mounting a volume using smb:
    >+
    >+ smb://:@/
    >+
    >+ The problem I'm running into is that my actually has the
    >+ '@' symbol in it and it's conflicting with the '@' symbol that is
    >+ syntactically used in the mount statement.

    >+ Any idea how I can get around this other than changing the password?
    >+ Thanks!

    Ummm...maybe this will work?

    smb://username:myp\@ssword@192.168.0.1/folder

    Note how the @ in "myp@ssword" is \escaped.